Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The U.S. Embassy has received word that the Government of Nepal has approved the operation of two charter flights within the next several days. Qatar Airways will operate a charter flight on Sunday, May 16, and Turkish Airlines will operate a charter flight on Monday, May 17. If you are interested in traveling to the United States on either of these flights, you will need to contact directly the respective travel agency facilitating the booking and ticketing for each of the airlines. As these are private commercial flights, the U.S. Embassy cannot assist with reservations, and neither the U.S. Embassy nor the Government of Nepal sets or has a role in the setting of ticket prices. Please note that previously purchased tickets and/or return tickets for regularly scheduled flights are not valid for these charter flights. New tickets for these charter flights must be purchased to travel. Information the Embassy has received regarding pricing is that tickets to various destinations in the United States on the Qatar Airways flight are between $1,600 and $1,900, and tickets to various destinations on the Turkish Airlines flight are between $1,500 and $1,600.
Be prepared to send a scan or photo of your U.S. passport bio page to either of the agency representatives and remember that all travelers will be required to have recent negative PCR test results to travel.
In order to book a ticket with Qatar Airways for Sunday, May 16, contact:
President Travel & Tours Pvt Ltd, Durbar Marg
Ticketing Agents: Suchitra Gautam – 98412 68422 email@example.com; Bhagirath Ghimire – 98417 78372/ 98020 33003 firstname.lastname@example.org;
Back-up Poonam Rana – 98510 23761/98010 23761 email@example.com; Purnaluxmi Shrestha – 98510 86215/98010 86215 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please access this form that must be completed by travelers for reservation: https://forms.gle/1c84YPMPp7vKAWGV8
If you need to make payment by international credit card, please fill out the form at the following link (cardholders countersign is mandatory) and submit it along with photos or scans of both sides of your credit card: https://forms.gle/GpCNF775zSgc6fbXA
(Please note that for Qatar Airways flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 48 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in.)
In order to book a ticket with Turkish Airlines for Monday, May 17, contact:
To make payment, please transfer funds to the following account:
Kumari Bank, account name: Megabyte Travels & Tours (P) Ltd
Account number: 0010001795900001
Swift Code: KMBLNPKA
(Please note that for Turkish Airlines flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 72 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in.)
If you have not done so already, U.S. citizens who wish to depart Nepal should register their interest with the Embassy by completing the following online form found at: https://bit.ly/3eUPFC0
The U.S. Embassy will remain closed for routine U.S. citizen services and for all visa services for the duration of the lockdown. On May 11 the lockdown was extended in the Kathmandu valley until the night of May 27. In the event of an immediate need for service or an emergency, please email email@example.com to request an emergency appointment. The Embassy will reopen U.S. citizen services appointments after the lockdown is lifted.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website at https://heoc.mohp.gov.np/update-on-novel-corona-virus-covid-19/ for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website at http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/ for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website at https://np.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- Always wear your mask and practice social distancing.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- State Department Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter