Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The U.S. Embassy has learned that several additional flights operated by Turkish Airlines and Qatar Airways may be departing Kathmandu in the near future. The upcoming flights are not chartered, sponsored, or funded by the United States government. These are commercial flights operated by private airlines. The United States Embassy has no role in setting the price of the airline tickets and plays no role in determining individual bookings. The Embassy does not endorse or recommend specific private entities, and individual commercial transactions and purchases are personal decisions. To register interest in upcoming flights, you should directly contact the travel agencies that have been designated by each of the airlines, not by the U.S. Embassy, for facilitating their respective booking and ticketing.
PCR testing requirements: Please note that all travelers will need to comply with PCR testing requirements for the respective airlines. For Qatar Airways flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 48 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in. For Turkish Airlines flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 72 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in. When scheduling PCR testing, keep in mind that flights may depart very late at night on the day of departure.
In order to register interest in flights operated by Qatar Airways, contact:
President Travel & Tours Pvt Ltd, Durbar Marg
Ticketing Agents: Suchitra Gautam – 98412 68422 firstname.lastname@example.org; Bhagirath Ghimire – 98417 78372/ 98020 33003 email@example.com;
Back-up Poonam Rana – 98510 23761/98010 23761 firstname.lastname@example.org; Purnaluxmi Shrestha – 98510 86215/98010 86215 email@example.com
Complete the form available at the link below to provide traveler information: https://forms.gle/1c84YPMPp7vKAWGV8
In order to register interest in flights operated by Turkish Airlines, contact:
In addition to registering interest with the travel agencies above, U.S. citizens who wish to depart Nepal should register their interest with the Embassy at: https://bit.ly/3eUPFC0
Registering on the above link allows the Embassy to track the needs of the U.S. citizen community and be aware of any emergency circumstances affecting your traveling party. The Embassy is unable to book seats on commercial flights on behalf of travelers.
The U.S. Embassy will remain closed for routine U.S. citizen services and for all visa services for the duration of the lockdown. On May 11 the lockdown was extended in the Kathmandu valley until the night of May 27. In the event of an immediate need for service or an emergency, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an emergency appointment. The Embassy will reopen U.S. citizen services appointments after the lockdown is lifted.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website at https://heoc.mohp.gov.np/recent_alert/update-on-novel-corona-virus-2019_ncov/ for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website at http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/ for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website at https://np.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- Always wear your mask and practice social distancing.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- State Department Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter