May 13, 2020
Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has received information that Qatar Airways is working to organize a flight from Kathmandu to Doha sometime next week. They are working with President Travel and Tours in order to arrange the travel. Travelers who arrive in Doha will have the option of transferring to a regularly scheduled flight from Doha to the US. Our understanding is that Qatar Airways is currently only serving two U.S. destinations: Dallas/Ft. Worth and Chicago, although it is uncertain at this time whether both will be an option as a US destination or not. If you are interested in exploring the possibility to participate in this flight, please contact President Travel and Tours immediately through the contact information provided below:
- Mobile number: 9801023761, 9851023761, 9801052389
- Office numbers: 01 4220245, EXT: 203, 01 4252995
- Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
If you are able to get through by phone, the agency will be able to provide further guidance about next steps. If however, you need to email the agency, it may assist them if you forward a copy of your passport bio page, so they can start a booking for you even before you reach them by phone. If you decide you would like to visit the office on Darbar Marg in person, a link to a map is provided.
Location Map: View Map
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates