Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
Good day to all. Today is the 22nd day of the government lockdown in Nepal. As a reminder, all U.S. citizens still in Nepal should shelter in place, observing Government of Nepal announcements and regulations regarding staying at home at least until such time as the countrywide lockdown is lifted. Per government announcements, the lockdown will continue until at least the evening of Wednesday, April 15. Nepal Government officials will meet today to discuss an extension to the lockdown.
The Embassy has learned of a charter flight organized by the Embassy of the United Kingdom tentatively scheduled to fly Friday, April 17, which may have seats available for U.S. citizens. The deadline for expressing interest in the flight is today, Tuesday, April 14, at 1800 local time this evening. Based on information we have received from the U.K. Embassy, the price of the flight is 800 Pounds Sterling (approximately $1,000) and the destination of the flight is London Stansted Airport. The flight is tentatively scheduled to land in London between 2200 and 2300 local time on Friday.
All U.S. citizens in Nepal who are interested in registering for this flight should contact our public email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Actions to Take:
- For additional general information about repatriation charter flights, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/for-evacuated-citizens.html
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter