May 29, 2020
Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has received information that Turkish Airlines is working to organize a commercial flight from Kathmandu to Chicago (ORD) via Istanbul on Tuesday, June 2. They are working with Megabyte Travels and Tours to arrange travel. If you are interested in exploring the possibility to participate in this flight, please use the contact information provided below:
Benazir Khan: 98011 35988
Chitra Gurung: 98510 38109
For U.S. citizens who learn that they are confirmed on the Turkish Airlines flight scheduled for Tuesday, June 2, but who are currently residing outside the Kathmandu Valley, please contact the U.S. Embassy consular section by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us as soon as possible of the town and district in which you are residing, information about the vehicle (plate number) that will bring you to Kathmandu, driver information (contact phone number and driver license number), and where you plan to stay in Kathmandu when you arrive.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter