June 14, 2020
Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has received information that the Nepal Department of Immigration (DoI) in Kalikasthan will resume services from Monday, June 15, 2020. In line with steps taken by the Government of Nepal to ease the lockdown, the DoI has asked the public to follow a number of guidelines:
· For all visa holders whose visas were valid through at least March 21, 2020 and who plan to depart Nepal by June 29, 2020, any necessary visa processing will be done through immigration at Tribhuvan International Airport upon departure.
· All applicants for new visas, renewals, and extensions should start the online visa application process at DoI’s portal: https://apply.nepalimmigration.gov.np/visa-processing
· Those renewing relationship visas should not bring family members to the DoI office with them. Children under 10 years of age should not accompany their guardians.
· However, for marriage visas and new relationship visas, spouses or other relatives, respectively, must appear with the applicant to certify the relationship.
· All applicants who appear should maintain strict social distancing of two meters, wear a mask, and use hand sanitizer during their visit to the DoI office.
· All further visa-related inquiries should be directed to the DoI. Contact 01 443 8862 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm or navigate online to http://nepalimmigration.gov.np
Other Actions to Take:
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
· U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
· Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
· Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
· Email: email@example.com
· State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
· Nepal Country Information
· Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates