March 26, 2020
Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has formally requested that the Government of Nepal assist us as we facilitate the departure of U.S. citizens from Nepal. The Embassy is exploring flight options that will depart from Kathmandu once the permission is granted. At this time we have no further details, including timeline for these arrangements, but will provide them as they become available. Arrangements such as these take time, as there are many moving parts, so we ask for patience and that all shelter in place until we have further information about a flight or multiple flights. In preparation, we are asking all U.S. citizens who are interested in departing Nepal, even if you have already been in contact with us, to fill out this web-based Microsoft Form with more official information.https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dFDPZv5a0UimkaErISH0S_cZDke-0yJNhhgeMQvcRrFURUk2QzdWRzhRSlpWQjZPVjUwSFQ2Q0NQQS4u
This form includes name, date of birth, gender, passport number, passport expiration date, and location. Please fill out this form for each person in your party.
Cost for any potential flight(s) have not been determined at this time, but it may be that a cost will be incurred.
FOR ADVANCE PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY:
- You should be prepared to leave with little advance notice
- Collect essential documents and other items and keep them in one place
- Keep in mind that you may be limited in how much luggage you can take
- It is probable that pets will not be accommodated. Please make alternate arrangements for the care of your pet.
- Updates will be provided as they become available. Individual emails may experience a delay in responses due to high volume and decreased staffing at the Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter