July 1, 2020
Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy understands that both Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines are seeking to offer flights in the next few days as follows: Qatar Airways flight to Doha on Friday, July 3, and Turkish Airlines flight to Istanbul on Saturday, July 4. In each case, the airlines have multiple destination options in the U.S. that can be explored by contacting them or the agency with which they are working. Contact information is below.
The Embassy has seen the demand for these flights from U.S. citizens soften over the last few weeks. Similarly, the airlines have expressed some uncertainty about how many more of these non-regularly-scheduled charters they will be able to offer between now and the resumption of regularly scheduled commercial flights. Therefore, it is possible that the relatively large number of flights available over recent weeks will decline following the two flights mentioned above. We encourage U.S. citizens to reach out to either of the carriers/agencies at the contact information below, if you are interested in returning to the U.S. For the time being, the Embassy will discontinue these notifications about flights, even if flights in the future receive approval to operate.
Qatar Airways is working with President Travel and Tours to arrange travel. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of flying with Qatar Airways, please use the contact information provided below:
- Mobile number: 98010 86215, 98010 23761, 98510 23761, 98010 52389
- Office numbers: 01 4252995
- Email address – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Turkish Airlines is working with Megabyte Travels and Tours to arrange travel. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of flying with Turkish Airlines, please use the contact information provided below:
- Benazir Khan: 98011 35988
- Chitra Gurung: 98510 38109
For U.S. citizens who have purchased a ticket on one of these flights, but who are currently residing outside the Kathmandu Valley, please proceed to the office of the Chief District Officer in your district with evidence of your ticket purchase and information about transportation to and lodging in Kathmandu.
Other Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter