Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has received information that Qatar Airways is planning a series of commercial charter flights to Doha, which include onward connections to the United States. The proposed flight dates are June 16, 17, 18, and 20. They are working with President Travel and Tours to arrange travel. Our understanding is that Qatar Airways is currently serving only Chicago (ORD) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW). Qatar is seeking to begin service to New York (JFK) from June 19, so there may be very limited availability on June 18. If you are interested in exploring one of these flights, please contact President Travel and Tours immediately through the contact information provided below, and please send an email notification to the consular section at email@example.com:
· Mobile number: 9801023761, 9851023761, 9801052389
· Office numbers: 01 4220245, EXT: 203, 01 4252995
For U.S. citizens who learn that they are confirmed on one of these Qatar Airways flights, but who are currently residing outside the Kathmandu Valley, please contact the consular section by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us immediately of the town and district in which you are residing, plate number of the vehicle that will bring you to Kathmandu, and driver information (contact phone number and driver license number). You also need to provide information on where you will stay in Kathmandu upon arrival. If we receive this information too late, we will not able to request permission for you to travel to Kathmandu. We will only request permission for U.S. citizens for these flights. Given the length of time it takes to organize these permissions, those outside the Kathmandu Valley may wish to seek one of the later scheduled flights.
For those not on upcoming flights, but who are interested in departing Nepal, we ask that you fill out the online form found at the link below. This will help us better understand who wishes to depart, so we can distribute information as soon as we know a flight becomes available. We also ask that you fill this out even if you have contacted the Embassy previously and/or filled out a similar online form previously: https://bit.ly/2zNThFm.
If the parameters of the lockdown change in Nepal, we will update our COVID-19 Information page with the latest information once we receive an official announcement from the Government of Nepal. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Other Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter