Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has received information that Turkish Airlines has an approved flight from Kathmandu to the U.S. via Istanbul on Wednesday, June 24. Turkish Airlines is working with Megabyte Travels and Tours to arrange travel. If you are interested in exploring the possibility to participate in this flight, please use the contact information provided below:
- Benazir Khan: 98011 35988
- Chitra Gurung: 98510 38109
The Embassy has also received information that Qatar Airways has two approved flights from Kathmandu to Doha on Thursday, June 25 and Saturday, June 27. Qatar Airways is working with President Travel and Tours to arrange travel. If you are interested in exploring the possibility to participate in one of these flights, please contact President Travel and Tours immediately through the contact information provided below:
- Mobile numbers: 98010 86215, 98010 23761, 98510 23761, 98010 52389
- Office number: 01 425 2995
- Email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For U.S. citizens who have purchased a ticket on one of these flights, but who are currently residing outside the Kathmandu Valley, please contact the consular section by email at email@example.com to notify us immediately of the town and district in which you are residing, plate number of the vehicle that will bring you to Kathmandu, and driver information (contact phone number and driver license number). You also need to include information on where you will stay in Kathmandu upon arrival. We will only request permission for U.S. citizens for these flights.
Other Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter