Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: June 5 Commercial Charter Information
Flight Information: The Government of Nepal has approved the resumption of a limited number of regular commercial flights. However, U.S. citizens are advised that these regular flights have extremely limited capacity to meet demand and many are already fully booked. On Saturday, June 5, Qatar Airways will operate a commercial charter flight with some seats available for U.S. citizens and LPRs. The availability of future commercial charter flights is uncertain for the rest of the month of June. The Embassy advises U.S. citizens wishing to depart Nepal to consider seriously booking a seat on Saturday’s flight.
If you are interested in this flight, please contact President Travels and Tours immediately.
Step One: Fill out President’s travel form at the following link: https://forms.gle/1c84YPMPp7vKAWGV8. (If this link does not work, copy and paste it into your web browser.)
Step Two: Contact President Travel & Tours via phone or email. Due to heavy call volume, email may be the best option. Include “U.S. Citizen (or LPR) Requesting Flight” in the subject line.
President Travel & Tours Pvt Ltd, Durbar Marg:
Ticketing Agents: Suchitra Gautam – 98412 68422 firstname.lastname@example.org; Bhagirath Ghimire – 98417 78372/ 98020 33003 email@example.com;
Back-up: Poonam Rana – 98510 23761/98010 23761 firstname.lastname@example.org; Purnaluxmi Shrestha – 98510 86215/98010 86215 email@example.com
This flight is not chartered, sponsored, or funded by the United States government. This is a commercial flight operated by a private airline. The United States Embassy has no role in setting the price of the airline tickets and plays no role in determining individual bookings. Beware of the potential for scams and price markups if using third-party agencies.
PCR testing requirements: Please note that all travelers will need to comply with PCR testing requirements. For Qatar Airways flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 48 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in. When scheduling PCR testing, keep in mind that flights may depart very late at night on the day of departure.
In addition to registering interest with the travel agency above, U.S. citizens should register their interest with the Embassy by completing the form available here: https://bit.ly/3eUPFC0
Registering on the above link allows the Embassy to track the needs of the U.S. citizen community and be aware of any emergency circumstances affecting your traveling party. The Embassy is unable to book seats on commercial charter flights on behalf of travelers.
The U.S. Embassy will remain closed for routine U.S. citizen services and for all visa services for the duration of the lockdown. In the event of an immediate need for service or an emergency, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an emergency appointment. The Embassy will reopen U.S. citizen services appointments after the lockdown is lifted. U.S. citizens who have a U.S. passport that has expired on or after January 1, 2020 may use their expired passport to return to the U.S. in some circumstances. For more information, visit: https://np.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/emergency-passport-service/
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website at News & Updates – Health Emergency Operation Center (mohp.gov.np) for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website at http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/ for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website at https://np.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- Always wear your mask and practice social distancing.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- State Department Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter