Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: Commercial Charter Information
Flight Information: The Government of Nepal has approved the resumption of a limited number of regular commercial flights. However, U.S. citizens are advised that these regular flights have extremely limited capacity to meet demand, and many are already fully booked through both June and July. The Embassy has learned that two airlines have requested additional commercial charter flights with connections to the United States, although not all have received final government approval yet. Qatar Airways has requested flights for June 10, 15, 18, 23, and 26, and Turkish Airlines has requested flights for June 12, 22, and 29. Please note that due to the increased availability of options to depart Nepal, the U.S. Embassy will discontinue further notification about upcoming flights. Please consult directly with the below-listed travel agencies for information about changes in flight availability.
If you are interested in any of these flights, please contact the agencies working with each of these airlines. For additional information about contacting and booking flights with each agency, please see earlier messages we have broadcast to U.S. citizens (https://np.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/).
For Qatar Airways flights contact: President Travel & Tours Pvt Ltd, Durbar Marg
Ticketing Agents: Suchitra Gautam – 98412 68422 email@example.com; Bhagirath Ghimire – 98417 78372/ 98020 33003 firstname.lastname@example.org;
Back-up: Poonam Rana – 98510 23761/98010 23761 email@example.com; Purnaluxmi Shrestha – 98510 86215/98010 86215 firstname.lastname@example.org
For Turkish Airlines flights contact: Megabyte Travels
Beena Gurung – 98010 01311
Chitra Gurung – 98510 38109
These flights are not chartered, sponsored, or funded by the United States government. They are commercial flights operated by a private airline. The U.S. Embassy has no role in setting the price of tickets and plays no role in determining individual bookings.
PCR testing requirements: Please note that all travelers will need to comply with PCR testing requirements. For Qatar Airways flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 48 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in. For Turkish Airlines flights, negative PCR test results from a test taken within 72 hours of flight departure must be presented at the airport before check-in.
The U.S. Embassy will remain closed for routine U.S. citizen services and for all visa services for the duration of the lockdown. In the event of an immediate need for service or an emergency, please email email@example.com to request an emergency appointment. The Embassy will reopen U.S. citizen services appointments after the lockdown is lifted. U.S. citizens who have a U.S. passport that has expired on or after January 1, 2020 may use their expired passport to return to the U.S. in some circumstances. For more information, visit: https://np.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/emergency-passport-service/
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website at News & Updates – Health Emergency Operation Center (mohp.gov.np) for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website at http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/ for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website at https://np.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- Always wear your mask and practice social distancing.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter