Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
Good evening to all on this 32nd day of the government lockdown in Nepal. As a reminder, all U.S. citizens still in Nepal should shelter in place, observing Government of Nepal announcements and regulations as long as the countrywide lockdown is in effect. Per government announcements, the lockdown will continue until at least the evening of Monday, April 27. There is some expectation that Nepal Government officials will meet Sunday, April 26 to discuss an extension to the lockdown.
The Embassy has learned of a proposed multi-national flight that could be scheduled within the next week (possibly as early as Tuesday, April 28) if all permissions to operate the flight were granted. The flight may have seats available for U.S. citizens, but destinations in the U.S. will very likely be limited to Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX; Chicago, IL; and Dulles, VA. An approximate price range for the flight, to any one of the three destinations is $2200-$2300. We would like to gauge interest in this prospect before moving ahead to request a specific number of seats. If you are strongly interested in this option to return to the U.S., please complete the online survey form at the following link:
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter