Location: Nepal Countrywide
Event: COVID-19 Response
The Embassy has received information there may be very limited space available only for U.S. citizens to join two commercial evacuation flights from Kathmandu to Doha on Thursday, June 4 and Saturday, June 6 organized by Qatar Airways. They are working with President Travel and Tours to arrange travel. Our understanding is that Qatar Airways is currently serving only two U.S. destinations: Dallas/Ft. Worth and Chicago. If you are interested in exploring the possibility to participate in one of these flights, please contact President Travel and Tours immediately through the contact information provided below, and please send an email notification to the consular section at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Mobile number: 9801023761, 9851023761, 9801052389
- Office numbers: 01 4220245, EXT: 203, 01 4252995
- Email address – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For U.S. citizens who learn that they are confirmed on the Qatar Airways flight scheduled for June 4 or 6, but who are currently residing outside the Kathmandu Valley, please contact the consular section by email at email@example.com to notify us immediately of the town and district in which you are residing, plate number of the vehicle that will bring you to Kathmandu, and driver information (contact phone number and driver license number). You also need to include information on where you will stay in Kathmandu upon arrival. If we receive this information too late, we will not able to request permission for you to travel to Kathmandu. We will only request permission for U.S. citizens for these two flights.
With the extensions of both the lockdown and suspension of regularly scheduled international flights, we wish to better understand the interest remaining U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents have in evacuating Nepal. For those not on upcoming flights but who are interested in departing Nepal, we ask that you fill out the online form found at the link below. This will help us better understand who wishes to depart so that we can get information to you as soon as we know a flight becomes available. We also ask that you fill this out even if you have contacted the Embassy previously and/or filled out a similar online form previously.https://bit.ly/2zNThFm
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Other Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population website for the latest updates on the health situation in Nepal.
- Consult the Government of Nepal’s Immigration Department website for the latest updates about immigration restrictions in Nepal.
- Consult the U.S. Embassy website for updates on Nepal-specific COVID-19 information, entry to and exit from Nepal, quarantine information, and for other local resource contact information.
- U.S. Embassy Kathmandu, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Nepal Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter