The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy Kathmandu is soliciting proposals for grants/ cooperative agreement from not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions for programs/activities that focus on one of the priority areas specified below.
- Indo-Pacific vision: Activities that advance U.S. and Nepal efforts to increase prosperity, good governance, and cooperation with other countries in the South Asia and Pacific region.
- Entrepreneurship development: Programs that strengthen the entrepreneurship and economic development ecosystem in Nepal, and expand access to that ecosystem among minority communities, women, youth and less-developed areas of Nepal.
- Democratic governance: Activities that promote the values that reinforce the U.S.-Nepal partnership, including but not limited to democratic values of:
a. freedom of speech
- Social change through performing arts: Activities that utilizes performing arts to address social issues pertinent to Nepal, such as gender-based violence, LGBTI and minority rights, freedom of speech, and transparency and accountability.
- Youth and women empowerment: Activities that enhance incomes, increase participation in STEM education, create jobs for women and youth, as well as improve livelihoods.
Eligibility Information: U.S. and Nepal registered not-for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations, and educational institutions with relevant programming experience. This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
Application Deadline: Applications may be submitted at any time for consideration before the final closing date of this annual program statement on May 31, 2020. However, proposals will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis as they are received. Therefore, applicants are highly encouraged to submit their proposals as soon as possible.
Applicants must submit all application materials directly to the following email address: cultureKTM@state.gov . For assistance, please write at the given email address or call at 01-423 4472/423 4248.
For detailed information: PAS-KTM-APS-FY2020 (PDF 249KB)