Location: Dolakha, Sindhupalchok, and Kabhrepalanchok Districts Nepal
Event: The Regional Security Office of U.S. Embassy Kathmandu has been made aware of a potential threat to target one or more NGOs in the central region of Nepal that may include the Dolakha, Sindhupalchok and Kabhrepalanchok Districts. Historically, threats against NGOs usually indicate the use of small improvised explosive devices to do damage to facilities and vehicles.
All individuals and organizations are encouraged to exercise caution when engaged in activities or operations in and around these districts. Particularly, organizations should be vigilant when securing property and equipment after hours. Should any individual or organization notice a suspicious item or indications of tampering, they are encouraged to notify their nearest Nepal Police office.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Do not engage in argumentative or combative behavior if challenged or told that you cannot go to access a certain area.
- Monitor local news stations for updates.
- Maintain a high level of vigilance.
- Take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
- Use good judgment, common sense, and patience when driving. Do not attempt to drive through any crowd that you might encounter.
- Given the potential for explosive devices, do not approach suspicious packages. Clear the area and immediately report them to the police.
- If you happen upon a bomb disposal operation, do not stop and watch even if you are outside the cordoned off area. Immediately vacate the area.
Telephone: +(977)(1) 423-4000 or 400-7200
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(977)(1) 400-7266,400-7269
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444