Private photograph services are located within easy walking distance of Embassy Kathmandu. All passport applications will require that you furnish one photograph that meets the following requirements:
- Glasses are no longer allowed in passport or visa photos.
- The photo must be 2″ by 2″ (two inches by two inches), excluding any borders.
- The photo must be recent, within the past six months.
- Make sure the photo presents the full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm).
- Eye height must be between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28mm to 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo.
- The background must be white or off-white.
- Applicant image must be centered and facing forward.
- The photo must be taken in color, not in black and white.
- Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background.
- The photo must be taken in normal street attire, without a hat, head covering, or dark glasses unless a signed statement in submitted by the applicant verifying the item is worn daily for religious purposes or a signed doctor’s statement is submitted verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes.
A Note About Digitized Photographs
If you choose to submit a digitized photograph, it must meet the passport photograph requirements or it will be rejected. Some printers will produce an unacceptable photograph in which the dots are seen or the image is grainy. Acceptable photographs are printed on high-quality photographic paper, have a continuous tone image that is very photo-like, and show the subject clearly in focus. Photos cannot be digitally edited.